Friday, December 2, 2011

Say What?



Day 7:  Dear diary....I went to the doctors this morning for a blood test and ultra sound and found out that I am an Egg Making Machine!!!!  I've got 33 follicles in total.  18 in my right ovary and 15 in my left.  So I guess that means our parents better start saving up some cash for all these grandchildren!!! Just kidding, Gigi, Papa, and Grandma....I promise I won't be the next Octomom... or Triginta-tres-mom! 

Our appointment went something like this: sign in - wait - bloodtest - wait - ultra sound - "I'm sorry, how many are in there?!?!?!" - talk to our nurse about questions regarding paper work we received from the surgery center - meet with the billing person at our surgery center and spend $6,950 in about 2 minutes (Ouch) - meet with our doctor regarding genetic testing and clarify if we need assisted hatching (this may sound like I'm literally about to lay eggs but its a process where the technicians make an incision in the embryo to help with the attachment process to the uterus - currently not something we need to do since I'm only 33 and this is my first IVF) - talk to the surgical center nurse regarding our paperwork that needs to be signed before going into surgery next week - sign paperwork - call our parents in amazement of all these follicles!

All in all, it's been a great day.  My E2 level (aka estrogen level) is at 1641 which would explain why I started crying today watching the Hunger Games trailer (for the 6th time) and then cried again while watching "Last Man Standing" which embarrassingly enough (for many reasons) is a sitcom.  Someone needs to slap me back into reality.  Only other side effect I'm feeling are my rock hard ovaries.  Really feels like I'm carrying around some rocks in there. 

Surgery will be happening next week.  I start my Cetrotide injections this evening.  This drug is used to stop my LH surge from happening.  I'll have whats called a trigger shot the night before my surgery that will kick my system into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment