Friday, December 9, 2011

Trigger Happy



Day 14: No one tells you that the Novarel (aka trigger & HCG injection) is going to feel like its attacking you from the inside.  Barely slept last night because of massive cramping, and what I had convinced myself at 3am, a heart attack (aka heart burn, shouldn't have eaten that Red Baron pizza).  This is all normal folks.  The nurse said that these are normal side effects and that mine were just much worse because my numbers are so high.  It's all a trick, to get you to take the injection.  Those sneaky little honey badgers.  

Today I get no injections, I just get to sit back, relax and enjoy the cramping.  Our nurse called to prep us for the "procedure" and her prep notes were....

1. "no eating/drinking after 2am" - You know I'm gonna sit up until then eating 
cookies and drinking everything in sight.

2. "check in is at 11am" - Totally normal, we'll be there at 8am because I'm known as the early bird thats always there WAY too early.

3. "don't pee to much before I get there" - I'm nervous...in my world of bladder, if I have to pee I start the pee pee dance immediately....not sure how I'm going to withstand a 
30 minute drive in the car over bumps.

4. "wear warm socks" - Yes ladies & gentlemen...this is the MOST important note of them all.  I wonder if this includes Uggs.  Although, I'll be in such a happy place with all the meds that I'm sure I won't have any clue as to the temperature of my toes...I will be wearing warm socks.  No worries mom & dad, I follow directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment